I’m back in the kitchen! This round I’m testing a new recipe and glad it went well! You might not know, Brownies are well known as the America’s favorite bar cookie. Brownies is said to be the perfect end for any meal, what do you think? The classic brownies are more fudgy and gooey while i decided to tone down the texture a bit to be more cakey.
Mexican brownies are more dense and fudgy with added spices, cinnamon and cayenne pepper. I decided to substitute the pepper with Lingham extra hot sauce as it added more kick to the brownies. Apart from being spicy itself, the hot sauce proceed to elevate the entire flavours as well.
It’s quite easy to whip out this spicy brownies as you can complete the batter in a bowl. The electric mixer is not needed for this recipe.
First you melt the chocolate with the butter with double boiler.
Add in the cocoa powder and sugar, stir it well
Add in the flour and stir it well too
Whisk in the eggs, one by one
Lastly, whisk in the cinnamon powder and Lingham Extra Hot sauce
Ready to go into the oven for 30-35 mins
Tadaaaa! You get a dry cracked crust brownies with the wonderful spicy moist texture! yums!
Ingredients (16 servings):
150 grams bittersweet chocolate
113 grams unsalted butter
15 grams cocoa powder
180 grams castor sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
100 grams cake flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon powder
1 tsp Lingham Extra Hot Chili sauce
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180 degree Celsius. Butter an 8 inch (20 cm) square pan, and line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper.
2. Melt the chocolate and butter in a large bowl placed over a pot of simmering water. Remove from heat and stir in the cocoa powder and sugar.
3. Whisk in the vanilla extract and eggs, one at a time, stir well.
4. Stir in the flour and salt.
5. Lastly, whisk in the cinnamon powder and Lingham Extra Hot Sauce.
6. Pour into the cake pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. You may test the doneness by inserting a tooth pick and comes out with a little batter and moist clumps clinging to it.
7. Bon appetite!
*Tips: The best way to clean cut the brownies is by using a plastic knife